I work on applied policymaking because that's how impact works. I work with non-profits, governments, think-tanks, corporates and international organisations. In the UK I continue to lead policy development and training sessions with the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office and the Cabinet Office.
My other roles include:
- Trustee and non-executive director, International Longevity Centre, the UK's specialist think-tank on the impact of longevity on society and what happens next.
- Member, Wilton Park Advisory Council, providing strategic advice to the UK's leading centre for strategic thought and dialogue.
- Member, British Library Advisory Council, supporting an institution that is key to British citizens, businesses and democracy.
- Member of the UK Research and Innovation Interdisciplinary Assessment College shaping a £65 million programme.
- Member, Ratiu Forum Advisory Board, supporting democracy, journalism and applied history work in Romania and the wider Balkan region.
- Senior Research Fellow, Centre for Army Leadership, championing leadership excellence and optimising the British Army's human 'edge' underpinning operational success.
- Member of the Carnegie Endowment FinCyber advisory group, advising on the crucial interface between cyber policy and financial risk.
Formerly I have advised or consulted with the U.S. Department of Defense, the U.S. Department of State, the U.S. Foreign Service Institute, the United Nations, the Organisation for Security and Co-operation in Europe (O.S.C.E.), the Monterey Non-Proliferation Initiative, the U.S. Institute of Peace, the Government of Japan, BBC World Television, Control Risks Group and Jane's Information Group. In 2019-2020 I was a member of the United Nations Group of Government Experts on Cyber, and in 2022 was the U.K. lead delegate on the O.E.C.D.'s Public Governance Committee.
I previously served as co-chair, University of Oxford cyber security programme, a Governor of the British School New Delhi (the British International Schools Awards top international school in the world, 2018), a scenario designer for Crisis Simulation exercises at SOAS University of London and as a Council Member at the Royal Society for Asian Affairs. I was a Governor of the Centre of the Study of Financial Innovation, a think-tank and charity focused on deepening practitioner understanding of risk, innovation and financial infrastructure. I have been a trainer for the British and American military.